Investigations are continuing after six people were killed in a shooting at a Czech hospital.
The attack happened on Tuesday when a lone gunman opened fire in a waiting room of the Ostrava University Hospital. It is reported that five people died in the attack and one died in surgery. All six of the victims were adults. Another two people are reported to have been seriously injured.
According to the BBC, the police were called to the hospital in the north-eastern city at 07:19 (Central European Time), when the gunman attacked patients. The hospital was on lockdown for a period and police launched an appeal for information on the suspect but warned people not to approach him. Armed police later found the suspect dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. It is reported that the gunman had been a patient at the hospital.
Reuters reports that the Prime Minister Andrej Babiš told reporters it was an “individual act.”
It said Babiš told a televised news conference that “he came home and announced he had shot people, and that he is going to shoot himself." He said the attacker’s mother is cooperating with police.