The European Commission has launched its 2019 REGIOSTARS Awards and is seeking applications on innovative European Union (EU) funded projects that focus on modernising health services.
Each year the REGIOSTARS reward innovative Cohesion Policy projects in Europe in five thematic categories which are considered crucial for the future of EU regional development, with the ‘modernising health services’ category the topic of the year for 2019.
It is seeking projects, which address the following areas:
- Access to high quality and safe health care, in particular focusing on marginalised groups
- Fighting against health inequalities and ensuring equal access to health care
- Improving the health status of the population to contribute to better growth and jobs.
- Boosting job creation, developing healthcare providers’ skills, and tackling shortages in health services
- Promoting and fostering healthy lifestyles
- Building innovative, efficient and sustainable health systems
- Preventing disease
- Developing of eHealth and promotion of digital healthcare
- Facilitating cross-border healthcare
The online application platform is open until 9 May 2019. An independent jury of high-level academics will assess the submitted project applications. Additionally, the public will decide on its own winner through a public on-line vote and award the 'public choice' award to one of the projects.